Fri, Aug 13|
Rich's Love Shack
Rich's Cuddle Party
It's a workshop and social event. It's about Communication, Consent, and Non-Sexual Touch.
Time & Location
Aug 13, 2021, 7:00 PM
Rich's Love Shack, Tempe, AZ (message me for address)
About the event
A Cuddle Party offers participants opportunities to learn about and practice communication skills, explore consent, and discover the power of non-sexual touch. Attendees will practice identifying and asking for what they want, saying no to what they don’t want and yes to what they do want, and experimenting with platonic touch in a safe, inclusive, and nurturing environment. Join us if you…
- are looking to connect with an inspiring community
- long for nurturing and healing touch
- need a safe place to relax and rejuvenate
- desire physical contact with other people in a non-sexual way
- want to stretch out of your comfort zone
- often find yourself in the role of caretaker, but need a turn to be taken care of
- have no idea how to answer the question “what kind of touch do you like?”
- feel overwhelmed by both a desire for connection and a desire to run away from connection
WHAT TO EXPECT
- This is an "OFFICIAL" Cuddle Party with specific and Universal Cuddle Party Rules.
- Arrive between 6:30 PM and 7:00 PM. Be on time, because when the doors close at 7:15, no one else is admitted. This helps us maintain a safe space by ensuring that everyone hears and knows the rules of Cuddle Parties. Bring comfortable clothes. You can change after you arrive if you want.
- The evening will begin with a "Welcome Circle" with introductions and a short workshop (about 45 minutes) about communication, boundaries, conscious interaction and saying "No". It's great information and skills for everyday life - not just for Cuddle parties.
- Then we'll have a couple hours to practice what we learned, interacting with other people, asking for what we want, saying yes (or no). It's all about non-sexual touch, but there can be lots of cuddling, spooning, massaging - or not. You don't have to participate if you choose not to. You can say "no" all night. You can change your mind whenever you want. You can just have nice conversations. Or you can dive in and enjoy the fun and pleasure of touch from another human being.
- The evening ends with a "Closing Circle" where everyone will have an opportunity to share something about their experience, if they choose.
Cuddle Parties are not only for getting the human interaction we all need. They help us learn a new and better way of being. It's about living consciously, about caring and kindness, about learning to love ourselves and those around us. It's about breaking down old stories and beliefs that keep us closed off and isolated. It helps us learn to be open and allowing - literally to allow ourselves to feel connection and pleasure.